Get Started

Dubrovin Farmstead Restoration

Educational Museums

In 1905, Yoav Dubrovin and his family settled in the Hula Valley near the swamps that then covered the area. The family were Russian farmers who became Sobotniks (Christians who kept the Sabbath), and eventually converted to Judaism, and established a large, successful farmstead. Nevertheless, following a number of deaths from malaria, the remaining family members moved to nearby Rosh Pinna and only the eldest son Yitzhak remained. In 1968, as he grew older and had to leave the farmstead, he bequeathed it and its lands to Karen Kayemeth LeIsrael. In the 1980s, the site was restored and became an open museum telling the story of the family and of Jewish pioneers in the Hula Valley. KKL-JNF was responsible for the development that included restoring the well, repairing and reinforcing the buildings to prepare them for receiving visitors. Future plans call for signage and an audio-visual presentation at the museum.

 

All active news articles
//